Everything you could ever want in a cookie is in this recipe right here. Make this delicious, somewhat healthy, fun treat for a sweet snack!
One of my favorite cookies as a kid were oatmeal cookies, especially the kind from my local grocery store. I just loved the crunchy texture mixed with the sweetness. I honestly think oats make one of the best cookie bases. So, to relive some of my favorite childhood memories of eating fun cookies, I decided to make a Chunky Monkey Oatmeal Cookie. These cookies are healthy-ish and are packed with yummy ingredients such as oats, bananas, peanut butter, and chocolate chips. With only six ingredients, these are the perfect easy sweet-treat to make!
What You’ll Need:
- Oats – These are the base for your recipe! There’s no need to blend these, you’ll just add them straight in to get the perfect texture. If you need this recipe to be gluten-free, make sure to look for certified gluten-free oats!
- Bananas – These add to the sweetness of the cookie and are a perfect combination with the peanut butter. They also bind all the ingredients together, so don’t skip on adding them! For the best flavor, choose super ripe bananas.
- Peanut butter – I mean how can you not add peanut butter to cookies? I swear it makes all cookies taste way better. Plus, it also serves as a binding agent in the cookies.
- Maple syrup – I love using maple syrup in cookies to sweeten them. You could also substitute this for honey or coconut sugar. If you use coconut sugar, add 1/3 cup instead of 3 tbsp.
- Chocolate chips – I mean you can’t have a Chunky Monkey cookie without chocolate chips, right? I use Costco’s dairy-free chocolate chips, but any kind is good!
How to Make:
First, you’ll want to mash the bananas in a medium-sized bowl. Make sure that they are well mashed, and then add in the oats. Mix the oats and bananas together. This will serve as the base for your Chunky Monkey cookies. Then, add in the peanut butter. The mixture will be really thick, so make sure to mix everything really well. Lastly, add in the baking powder, maple syrup, and chocolate chips. Then, scoop the cookies into 1 inch balls and place on a baking tray. Slightly flatten the cookies out with a spoon or fork, as they will not flatten themselves while baking. Then bake at 350 for 10-15 minutes.
These can be stored in an air-tight container at room temperature for up to three days. Afterwards, the cookies can be frozen in an air-tight container for up to 2 months.
Chunky Monkey Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups oats
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- First, you'll want to mash the bananas in a medium-sized bowl. Make sure that they are well mashed.
- Then add in the oats and mix the oats and bananas together. This will serve as the base for your Chunky Monkey cookies.
- Then, add in the peanut butter. The mixture will be really thick, so make sure to mix everything really well.
- Lastly, add in the baking powder, maple syrup, and chocolate chips. Mix everything together.
- Then, scoop the cookies into 1 inch balls and place on a baking tray. Slightly flatten the cookies out with a spoon or fork, as they will not flatten themselves while baking.
- Bake at 350 for 10-15 minutes.
Save this recipe to Pinterest!