This sriracha sweet potato quinoa bowl recipe is made with sriracha sweet potatoes, black beans, avocado, tomatoes, onion, and a sweet sriracha sauce! These make for a great high-protein, high- fiber, and nutritious meal!
These quinoa bowls have become my most recent obsession. They are delicious, flavorful, and so so filling. This past summer, I probably ate quinoa bowls every day. I loved them so much. They also are super easy to put together. I’ll typically meal prep on sundays and make a bunch of quinoa and veggies to add to bowls. Such a great way to prep for the week with nutritious meals!
How to Make this Sriracha Sweet Potato Quinoa Bowl:
- Quinoa – For the quinoa, you’ll want to add 1 1/2 cups quinoa to a saucepan with 3 cups of water. For every half cup of quinoa, add in 1 cup of water. Then let the water boil, and reduce to a simmer. Let cook for about 15 minutes or until all the water has been absorbed by the quinoa.
- Sweet Potatoes – For the sweet potatoes, I cubed them, sprayed them with coconut oil, and then tossed them in a sweet sriracha sauce. Then I set my oven to broil at 425 F, and cooked for about 10 minutes on each side.
- Black Beans – I just used canned black beans for this recipe and added them into a saucepan to cook for about 5-10 minutes. You can definitely use regular black beans, just make sure to soak them the night before and they will take longer to cook.
- Sweet Sriracha Sauce – Combine 1/2 cup sriracha with 1/2 cup maple syrup.
Store all the ingredients separately. The quinoa can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week. The black beans and sweet potatoes can also be stored in an airtight container for up to five days.
Liked this Recipe? Try making these other quinoa bowls:
Save this to Pinterest!
Sriracha Sweet Potato Quinoa Bowl
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, cubed
- 1 1/2 cups dry quinoa
- 1 can black beans
- 1 avocado
- 1 red onion
- 3 medium roma tomatoes
- 1/2 cup sriracha
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- Set your oven to broil at 425 F. Then prepare the sweet sriracha sauce by mixing the sriracha and maple syrup together.
- Cube the sweet potatoes and toss onto a baking sheet. Spray with coconut oil and coat in about 1/4 cup of the sriracha sauce. Bake for 10 minutes on each side (total 20-25 minutes) or until slightly crispy.
- While the potatoes are cooking, add 1 1/2 cups quinoa and 3 cups water to a saucepan. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer. Allow to cook until all the water has been absorbed by the quinoa. Remove from heat once done.
- Then cook the black beans in the saucepan for about 5-10 minutes or until soft.
- Chop up the tomatoes, onions, and avocado.
- Add all the ingredients to a bowl and drizzle on the sriracha sauce. Serve and enjoy.